Wednesday, July 4, 2012

So Far Away and Yet So Close

If you have followed my blog in the past you will find that... 1.) It has been a very long time since I have written and 2.) That all previous posts have been deleted.  I did this intentionaly for a few reasons and one of those reasons is because I am no longer that person.  That is to say that my Heavenly Father has been and is still doing some wonderful things in my life and that of my families.  So why not start with a clean slate since after all that is what my Father has given me is a clean slate.  So I will try to post daily, as a way to be able to continue to express my feelings, and a way to show and express my gratefullness to my Father, for His ever presence in my life.

I have titled this post "So Far Away and Yet So Close" because my family has just recently relocated to Whispering Pines, NC, which puts 1700 miles from my parents, and all those that have supported me during very difficult times.  But I found out last night that even though one of those people who was/is part of my support group that I established over 3 years ago will never leave me feeling alone, scared, or hopeless, but instead even though there is physical distance there is still emotional support, and guidance that is offered freely.  Yes, I am so grateful knowing that this person is still just a phone call away, a text message away, a facebook instant message away.  That even though I have moved, he will be available to just talk me through times of being manic or times of depression, always offering me those words of guidance.  No I am not talking about the One who is always present, but I am talking about an individual who walked through the fire with my family during a very difficult time in my families life.  I always turn first to my Savior and begin to allow Him to embrace me, and allow Him to begin bringing the calm during a storm.  However, sometimes you just need to have someone outside of the situation to actually talk you through and make sure you are safe.  I am thankful that this friend proved to me last night that no matter the distance they will always be there.

So I will not make any promises about blogging everyday, but I will do my best to try and do so.  Again my hope for this blog is that maybe someone who is struggling with issues in life whether it be emotional, spritual, mental, physical, relational, whatever, they will be able to find encouragement here.  No I don't have anwers from anything special, just answers that come from walking through so many difficult things that range from running away at 16, to being abused, to having my marriage totally ripped apart and being made whole, and receiving a very hard diagnosis of Bi-Polar.  So I have walked through and have had to deal with a lot, but because of God's forever presence in my life I have been able to learn so much and walk thourgh times when I felt as if I could not.  So even though you may feel as if you are alone and no one could possibly understand, just let me say that Christ is not as far away as you think He may be.  He is actually so much closer then you think.  Distance is never an issue with Him.  And as I found out last night that even though the people that have supported me for several years are so far away they are still so close.

Dear Father,
When times such as I am in now I ask for the strength to face the demands of life, whether it be when I am manic, depressed or stable.  I ask that the words that are posted on this blog reach out and touch those who should just "stumble" acrossed it.  I ask for the words that you want me to share.  I ask for words that will be encouraging not to just those that read this, but to myself as well.  Father you are amazing, you know all the stars by name, you know the number of hair upon my head, and more importantly you know my heart and you love me still.  Thank you for your continuing faithfullness in my life, for always bringing those that know me close when I need them.  Thank you for loving me, when I feel unloved.  Thank you for ALWAYS being there.
In your name I pray,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment